Hello!! I ran the OC Half Marathon yesterday and have a ton of pleasurable to share from the race… What are you undertaking nowadays? Did you race this weekend? Verify in on the Run Eat Repeat Instagram now!
I have 13 highlights from my race to share…
- OC Half Marathon end time: 2:01:46 typical rate – 9:18
- Last calendar year my time was 1:45:07 common rate – 8:02 I was a lot slower this year for a handful of reasons…
- Using time off from working to freeze my eggs past thirty day period and the recovery following that.
- I’m coaching for a total marathon – I desired to increase a couple miles to the end of the race so I wanted to speed myself for a lot more.
- I stopped 2 moments during the race [explained below]
- I ran the race with Kristin @Stuftmama and she is constructing back again up and a lil slower correct now [she’s fast but hasn’t run a full marathon in 3 years]
7. I reside in Orange County and observed a ton of acquainted faces!! Like that! Pam (and visitor on the RER podcast) ran and it was just her birthday!! I also observed a number of Sole Runners… Natalia pacing… Sheila managing with Youngsters Rock and Kelly dressed in the cutest Sparkle equipment!
8. My initially halt during the race was to take a pic with the Star Wars fellas!
9. A several miles later on we ran by some residences and I discovered a female keeping a adorable lil baby… I thought she looked acquainted and advised Kristin I assume I know her… wait, I feel she’s Kate Casey, host of the Kate Casey podcast.
So I insisted we go back again to request. Yep – it was her! Her exhibit is about actuality Tv if ya wanna test it out. Her website is Like and Knuckles … but if you want to verify out the podcast just look for her title in your favored pod app.
10. Immediately after the race Kristin and I did not come to feel like jogging additional – it was obtaining warm and for some reason we both equally did not sense good. And I was apprehensive Diego must be allow out [ I’m going to have to get a pup sitter for long runs and full marathons soon!]. So we went to my put, permit Diego out and then ran 2 much more miles.
Setting up line:
OC 50 percent Marathon run and performed in 2:01:46…
I saw Charlotte at the end line way too! She was volunteering at the finish. She’s @ccclbc on the gram.
11. Complete mileage for Sunday – 15.6 miles. It was gradual, but it is the very first time I have ever made myself operate more just after a race so I’m very pleased of myself!!
12. I considered I had in no way run more mileage ahead of or following a race but I just remembered I have!! A couple of yrs in the past I ran the Duxberry Fifty percent Marathon with Tina from @carrotsncake – she was schooling for Boston and wanted to operate 20 miles for her last extended operate.
We ran the more 7 miles before the 50 % marathon. I believe that’s the way to go – operate it ahead of if you have additional mileage. So I have completed that! I have additional more miles right before just not right after (which is 100% the way to go.)
Diego and Medal Monday…
13. Want to operate a race?
Look at out these Race Discount rates posts with a record of all the hottest discount codes for forthcoming races!!
Race Discounts – Revel Marathon / Half Marathon and Renegade Race Collection
Lexus Lace Up Race Collection Price reduction Code – MONICA10
Rock N Roll San Diego Price cut Code
Run Smart Ambitions
Fill out this variety to get the Intelligent Managing Plans worksheet to your inbox!